Here’s a recipe for ground turkey enchiladas. I took my famous beef enchilada recipe and substituted the ground beef for lean ground turkey. I even added in some veggies like onions and zucchini. I will throw the veggies into the food processor to make them real fine so it’s the size of ground beef. You won’t even taste the added zucchini in there because of that, I promise. Use mild or hot flavored enchilada sauce depending on spicy you like your food.
- 1½ pounds of Jennie-O lean ground turkey
- ½ a small onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce (hot or mild)
- 10 6 in flour tortillas
- 8 oz of low fat Mexican cheese blend
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground turkey n a pan until it’s no longer pink. Drain any extra fat. Add in
- zucchini, onion, garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add in 1 cup of tomato sauce and 1 cup of
- enchilada sauce.
- Place about ½ cup of turkey mix onto a flour tortilla and roll up like a burrito and lay seem
- side down in a 9 X 13 baking dish. When all flour tortillas are done spray with cooking spray.
- Cook enchiladas for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven, and pour on enchilada sauce and top with
Smart Points: 6 serving size (1 enchilada)
Serving size: 1 Calories: 229 Fat: 7 Saturated fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 20 Sugar: 1 Fiber: 1Protein: 22
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528