Sweet, savory, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish can’t be beat! The whole family will love the mixture of tender chicken and juicy pineapple chunks lying on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. The best part of this recipe is the pineapple because it’s a SUPERFOOD. Pineapples help keep bones healthy and strong because they are a top source for bromelain, which helps support joint health. If you want to get inventive, throw some Superfood veggies into the mix to add to the fun. Great choices would be: carrots, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus.
This recipe is amazing because it not only tastes great, but is only 7 grams of fat per serving!
- 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup |
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1″ strips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
- Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
- Place chicken in slow-cooker, pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add bell pepper, water chestnuts, and pineapple chunks the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
- NOTE: Other add-in suggestions: sliced zucchini, snow peas, diced carrots or diced almonds. Add any of these the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g | SmartPoints : 7 |
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!