These Oven Baked Potato Slices are easy to make and versatile. You can serve them as a side dish or with a dip as a snack! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Initially, I didn’t want to post this recipe for Potato Slices on the blog because it’s too easy – too simple. But when I posted my lunch on IG where I made the potato slices as a side dish, I received so many messages asking me about the recipe. So here it goes.
I love how simple these baked potato rounds are. They are thinner and therefore bake through quicker than regular potato wedges. This is why I prefer making them when I need a quick potato side dish.
4 medium baking potato, evenly-sized
1 1⁄2 tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp (up to 3) butter, melted
2 tbsp (up to 3) fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives, thyme, sage) or 2 teaspoons dried herbs
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes if the skin is too tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices (but not all the way through – place the handle of a spoon or table knife alongside the potato to prevent the knife from slicing all the way).
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish; slightly fan out the slices.
- Drizzle the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with herbs and salt (to taste).
- Bake the potatoes for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for another 10-15 minutes (until they’re lightly browned and soft inside, and the cheeses are melted).
- Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 6 PointsPlus; 4 POINTS (old)
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!