yield: 4 (1 CHICKEN + 1 CUP RICE MIX) SERVINGS
- 4 (4 oz) thin chicken breast cutlets (I butterfly two 8 oz breasts and then cut them to make two thin cutlets)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz riced cauliflower (I used Green Giant frozen – no need to defrost)
- 1 cup salsa (I highly recommend using roasted tomato salsa – Wegmans, Frontera, Trader Joe’s, etc. all have one)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place the chicken breast cutlets in a gallon zip-top bag and add two tablespoons of the taco seasoning. Seal the bag and toss to coat the chicken in the seasoning.
- In a large saute pan or walled skillet, bring the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes. Flip each piece and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until each piece is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a side plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the cauliflower rice, salsa, water, the remaining tablespoon of taco seasoning, corn and black beans to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium for 5 minutes. Remove the lid to stir, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is softened.
- Remove the lid, stir the contents and then sprinkle the cheese over the top. Add the reserved chicken in a single layer on top of the cheese and replace the lid. Turn off the burner and let the skillet sit, covered, for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS:
3 per (1 piece chicken + 1 cup “rice” mixture) serving (SPs calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a serving was 7 SPs on the previous plan
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
8 per (1 piece chicken + 1 cup “rice” mixture) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER (1 PIECE CHICKEN + 1 CUP “RICE” MIXTURE) SERVING:
316 calories, 23 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 35 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528