This delicious recipe is one that my mother-in-law has shared with me. It’s one of my favorite muffin recipes, I love the flavor of the fresh strawberries in the muffins. These are delicious for breakfast with scrambled eggs, or for a snack in the afternoon, or even as dessert. They’re simple and easy to make, but turn out light and fluffy each time. I make mine gluten free, substituting 2 cups of gluten free flour, but these work well as wheat muffins too – just use regular flour. Give these a try this weekend, they’ll be a sure hit with the whole family.
These tasty muffins are light and fluffy. The strawberries add a sweet and summery flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (non fat or reduced fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with muffin papers.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and mix.
- Add half of the milk and mix well.
- Repeat with the flour and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO SEE POINTS & GET FULL RECIPE …
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528