- 600g/21oz of chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs of cornstarch (tapioca or arrowroot powder)
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsps of avocado oil (or other oil of choice) – 4 syns
- pinch of salt and black pepper
for the sauce
- 3 tbs of maple syrup – 6 syns
- juice of a lemon (reserve zest)
- ½ cup/120ml of chicken stock
- 1 tbs of soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- spray oil
- Whisk together the egg white, cornstarch, baking soda and pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix to coat.
- Grate the zest from the lemon, and set aside.
- Heat a non stick pan, add 1 tsp of the oil
- Once oil is hot, add half the chicken and fry turning occasionally until golden.
- Remove and set aside
- Add the other tsp of oil and repeat with the other half of the chicken
- Again remove and set aside with the rest of the chicken.
- In a bowl whisk together the maple syrup, juice of the lemon, stock and soy sauce.
- Spray the frying pan with spray oil and add the garlic and ginger
- Fry for a minute of so, just to release the flavour.
- Add in the sauce mix and heat until it bubbles and starts to reduce down
- Add in the chicken and keep ladling over the sauce until the chicken gets a nice glaze of the sauce.
- Add the reserved grated zest and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 245.7 Fat: 4.3g Saturated fat: 0.7g Carbohydrates: 13.8gSugar: 9.4g Sodium: 808.8mg Fibre: 0.2g Protein: 35.6g Cholesterol: 84.6mg
WW Smart Points – 5
CREDIT Recipe & Picture: slimmingeats.com
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528