Nuts are great, but cashews are even greater. Unfortunately, scientists never found these nuts interesting, and only a small number of studies were based on the properties provides by cashews. They require humid and hot climate, and most of the produce grows in Tanzania, Nigeria, Brazil and Mozambique.
Top 5 health benefits:
- Cashews are rich in calories. A serving of 50 grams contains 275 calories. They are also packed with vitamins, minerals, soluble fiber, and phytochemicals that prevent numerous diseases and even cancer.
- Palmitoleic and oleic acids in cashews are great for the cardiovascular health. These essential fats lower bad (LDL) cholesterol and normalize good (HDL) cholesterol. Monounsaturated fats are essential part of the Mediterranean diet, which is beneficial for overall health, and prevent coronary artery disease and sudden stroke by regulating blood lipids, as shown in numerous scientific studies.
- Cashews are an excellent source of potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, selenium, and iron. Eat a healthy serving of cashews to get the recommended amount of these minerals, and prevent deficiency-related diseases. A handful of cashews per day is just enough.
Selenium is an imperative micronutrient, and it is one of the co-elements of anti-cancer compounds like Glutathione peroxides, known to be one of the best cell reinforcements in the organism. Copper is a co-variable for vital catalysts like cytochrome c-oxidase and superoxide dismutase. Zinc participates in compounds that control the advancement of processing, DNA union and gonadal capacity.
- Cashews contain pyridoxine (vitamin B6), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), thiamin (vitamin B11), and riboflavin. A serving of 100 grams provides 30% of the recommended daily intake of B6 (0.147mg). Vitamin B6 reduces the risk of homocystinuria and sideroblastic anemia.
Niacin protects against dermatitis and pellagra. Each of these vitamins is essential for the metabolism of fat, protein and carbs.
- Cashews also contain small amounts of zeaxanthin. This antioxidant is assimilated in the retinal macula. It protects against dangerous UV rays and age-related macular degeneration in elderly.
Cashews are considered to be the best alternative remedy for depression.
Natural treatment for depression – Cashew nutrition
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid, and cashews are full of it. Amino acids support healthy development in children, promote good sleep, and treat anxiety, nervousness and depression.
Two handfuls of cashews provide about 1,500mg of tryptophan, which is exactly the same amount contained in prescription antidepressants. Cashew therapies are the only way healing therapy that does not cause side effects, which is not the case of conventional antidepressants. But, the Big Pharma does not want you to know this.
Cashew nut allergy
These nuts can trigger allergic reactions in individuals at any age. Moreover, cashew nut allergy is quite common, same as the allergies caused by walnuts, almonds and other nuts. Same as peanuts, even a couple of cashews can sometimes cause severe symptoms of allergy.
Source: Healthy Food House
TO CONTINUE, SEE THE NEXT PAGE
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528