Healthy, nutritious pizza bites that come together in just 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients!
So when I had another pizza craving 2 days later, I just had to try these 5-ingredient zucchini pizza bites instead. And boy, was in for a treat.
The zucchini rounds were so great for portion control, and such fun finger foods to pass along the table. You can also control the amount of cheese to top off – if you’re really watching your calories, a little bit goes a long way. Plus, the mini pepperonis make these even more fun to eat!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with marinara, mozzarella and pepperoni minis.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Italian seasoning, if desired.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528