Your oven takes a lot of heat…no pun intended. After using an oven for weeks or months at a time without cleaning, food spillage and grime will pile up and create a sort of crust on your oven surface. And I don’t know anyone who wants any part of their kitchen to be crusty.
If you’re struggling to get your oven clean with spray cleaners or good old soap and water, we’re here to tell you that there is a better way! After struggling to find a cleaning solution that works, you will be absolutely shocked by how effective this Newsner method is.
All it involves is two simple products: vinegar and baking soda. Sounds like a familiar science project, doesn’t it? Both can be bought at just about any store, including the Dollar Store, which means you only have to spend a couple bucks to get a miracle cleaning solution for your impossibly dirty oven.
- Spray bottle
- Baking soda
- A rag
- A small bowl
- First, remove the oven racks.
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls of baking soda with some water in the bowl. Create a paste that will be easily spread on oven surfaces.
- Spread the paste on the inside of the oven (baking soda will turn brown). Let it sit overnight (at least 12 hours).
- The next day, take a wet rag and wipe out as much of the baking soda paste as you can.
- Put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz on surfaces where you still see baking soda residue. Then wipe with a wet rag.
- Put the racks back in the oven and turn the oven onto a very low temperature for 15-20 minutes to let dry.
To clean the oven window:
- Make another paste out of baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste directly to the window and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a clean rag to wipe the window clean.
If you’re looking for a video tutorial, this video from YouTuber Love Meg is really helpful! It’s amazing to see with your own eyes how effective this solution really is.
What do you think of this DIY cleaning product? Do you use another technique to clean your oven? Share it in the comments section below.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING… >
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528