- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 can (about 28 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar (about 26 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (I used Classico Tomato Basil)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 3 cups cooked whole grain elbow macaroni (1-1/2 cups uncooked) (I used penne pasta instead)
Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.Advertisements
In a large non-stick pan or soup pot, cook the ground beef (seasoned with salt and pepper) and onions, breaking up the beef into small crumbles, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 1 more minute.
Scrape the mixture into your slow cooker. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce (if using), tomatoes, pasta sauce, red bell pepper and spinach.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
Stir in the cooked macaroni. Cover and continue to cook until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes more.Recipe Notes
*6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
*5 Weight Watchers SmartPointsNutrition FactsCrock Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup RecipeAmount Per Serving (1 -1/2 cups)Calories 251Calories from Fat 36% Daily Value*Total Fat 4gTotal Carbohydrates 36gDietary Fiber 6gProtein 18gCredit: simple-nourished-living.com
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528