Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
WW SP: 7
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1/2 cup(s) caster sugar
- 100 g Weight Watchers Buttery Spread
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 medium egg(s)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) white self-raising flour
- 150 g Nestle Soleil Yoghurt, Vanilla, (1 x tub)
- 60 ml reduced-fat milk
- 250 g fresh strawberries, extra
- 2 tsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm round cake tin with oil. Line base and side with baking paper. Cut half the strawberries into quarters. Place half the quartered strawberries in a bowl with 2 teaspoons sugar. Using a fork, lightly crush strawberry mixture and set aside.
- Using electric beaters, beat spread, vanilla and remaining sugar in a medium bowl for 3–4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour, yoghurt and milk, alternately, until combined. Stir in remaining quartered strawberries. Add crushed strawberry mixture and swirl through cake mixture (do not overmix).
- Spoon cake mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange on top of cake. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
TIP: This cake will store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528