Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 cup squash, ½ cup sauce
- 8 cups spaghetti squash, cooked (2 medium size squash will yield about 8 cups)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90%-95% lean)
- 24 oz low-sugar spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped finely
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, peeled + chopped
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup low moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To cook squash in oven, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Place squash cut-side up on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- To microwave squash, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Place squash cut-side up in a microwave safe dish with 1-2 inches of water (just enough water to cover bottom of microwave safe dish). Microwave 9-10 minutes until soft.
- In a large, deep sauté pan, add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, and mushrooms. Saute vegetables on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add lean ground beef to vegetables.
- Continue to cook vegetables and brown ground beef, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces. Continue to cook until meat is no longer pink in color.
- When meat is cooked, add chopped zucchini and jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Stir to mix all ingredients together and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust sauce with salt and pepper and (optional) sweetener.
- When spaghetti squash is cooked, remove from the oven or microwave and let cool for 5 minutes. After it has cooled, begin to remove the flesh with a fork, which will come out looking like spaghetti strands. Serve with sauce OR transfer spaghetti squash to a casserole dish.
- Cover the squash with meat sauce evenly.
- Top with mozzarella and bake in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve hot.
Per Serving: (1 cup squash, ½ cup sauce)
Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528