There’s nothing like a fall apart tender roast that’s cooked low and slow along with some fresh veggies and a seasonings to highlight all of it’s delicious flavors. This meal is one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make. Yes there are countless ways to prepare a pot roast.
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 8 hours
Total Time : 8 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Servings : 8
- 3 lb extra lean eye of round beef roast
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme (optional)
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables.
- Pour Worcestershire over top and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Slice beef against the grain when ready to serve.
- Depending on the water content of the beef, the gravy at the bottom may be the right consistency. If not simmer it on the stove, add a bit of cornstarch if needed.
- Use celeriac, parsnips, or sweet potatoes for lower carb/Paleo
- Leave out the cornstarch or use arrowroot for lower carb/Paleo
Serving Size: 340g
Amount Per Serving
Saturated Fat 2g
WW SP per serving = 4
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528