- 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup |
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1″ strips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
- Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
- Place chicken in slow-cooker, pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add bell pepper, water chestnuts, and pineapple chunks the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
- NOTE: Other add-in suggestions: sliced zucchini, snow peas, diced carrots or diced almonds. Add any of these the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g | SmartPoints : 7 |
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528