Recipe and Pohoto adapted from: recipe-diaries
- 1 28oz jar of Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 thin slices of bacon
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1 tsp of thyme
- ½ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp of garlic cloves, chopped
- ¾ cup of chopped carrots
- ¾ cup of chopped onions
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef 95% lean / 5 % fat
- In a food processor pusle the onions and carrots until they are all about the same size and very small. You want them to be almost the same size as the beef.
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain the leftover fat. Add in the onions and carrots and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Keep the burner on and then cook the 4 slices of bacon. Drain the fat, when the bacon is cooked. Dice the bacon and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the beef, onions, and carrots in there, along with all the rest of the ingredients. Stir well, and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over 1 cup of cooked pasta.
SmartPoints: 5 Points Plus: 3 1/2 cup per serving
Serving size: 16 Calories: 131 Fat: 5.94 Saturated fat: 2.246 Carbohydrates: 5.2Sugar: 2.85 Fiber: 1.1 Protein: 13.67
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528