Ingredients for Meatloaf :
1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, toasted
1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
1 (14oz) jar Ragu Pizza Sauce, Prego’s, Classico’s or your favorite (divided)
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup zucchini, shredded
⅔ cup fat-free ricotta cheese, I used Trader Joe’s brand or your favorite
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
⅓ cup pizza sauce (from the jar above)
½ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
HOW TO MAKE:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast bread. Break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs. Measure ½ cup crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, ⅔ cup pizza sauce, onions, zucchini, ricotta cheese, egg whites, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients. Blend well.
4. Place meat mixture on the baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x 4″
5. Spread ½ cup pizza sauce all over the top of the meatloaf and down the sides.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with remaining ⅓ cup pizza sauce on the top of the meatloaf. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
Makes 10 slices (each serving, 2 slices)
Nutrition info: for 2 slices :
225 calories, 6g fat, 2.6g sat. fat, 62mg chol, 28g protein, 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 588mg sod, 8g sugara, 6 SmartPts
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528