A healthy version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with layers of chicken, ham, and swiss cheese in a creamy dijon sauce.
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken (from about 2 lb chicken)
- 6 oz ham , cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz butter , melted
- 6 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine , optional
- 1-2 oz lemon juice (use the full amount if you love lemon – I do)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 oz swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer the pieces of ham on top.
- In a blender combine the melted butter, softened cream cheese, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until a thick sauce forms. Spread this sauce over the chicken and ham in the baking dish.
- Lay the slices of swiss cheese on top of the sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes until hot.
- I broiled it for 2 minutes at the end so the cheese would get more golden and bubbly. If you decided to do that do not leave it unattended. It’s very easy to burn the cheese topping.
If you have a bottle of dry white wine open it adds a nice flavor. But I wouldn’t open a new bottle just for this recipe. Unless you are planning on having a glass while you cook.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING… >
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528