- 1 lb baby red potatoes, cut in half or quartered
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 14 oz Italian chicken sausage, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of the knife
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, diced 1-inch squares
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (or other fresh herb such as thyme)
- 2 cups zucchini, 1/2 inch thick and quartered
- Place oil and potatoes in a large, deep non-stick skillet with a tight fitting lid on high heat; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- When the skillet gets hot and starts to sizzle, reduce heat to low and cook with a tight lid on for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent the potatoes from burning.
- Remove from heat and let them sit 5 minutes without removing the lid, then set the potatoes aside on a dish.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and saute on medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until browned but not quite cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Season chopped vegetables with salt and pepper. Add onions, peppers, garlic and rosemary to the skillet and mix.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions and peppers become slightly browned.
- Add zucchini and cook an additional 5 minutes, mixing as it cooks until cooked through.
- Return the potatoes back to the skillet and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper as needed; cover and cook 5 more minutes.
Makes about 7 1/2 cups.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: A little over 1 3/4 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 7
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 326
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Carbohydrates: 33.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 23g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528