The combination of potatoes and milk supplies the body with high quality nutrients. Using skim milk and sour cream (instead of butter) gets these mashed potatoes especially diet friendly, but not less fluffy!
- 1 kg floury potatoes
- 150 ml milk (1.5% fat)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (10% fat)
- Peel, wash and roughly dice the potatoes. Fill a large saucepan with water and add 1 tsp salt.
- Boil the potatoes, covered, for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Drain the potatoes, taking care to collect the cooking water in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or press through a very fine sieve.
- Add the milk and sour cream to the potatoes and stir well with a whisk; for smoother mashed potatoes add 100-150 ml of the reserved boiling water and stir. Add the nutmeg, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
WW SP WW points plus: 4, WW old points: 3
Calories: 172 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 32 g Fiber: 4.5 g Protein: 5 g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528