An ingrown toe nail is really painful and annoying, and on average one out of five people have to deal with this condition. Try this treatment and you should soon notice some improvement without seeing a doctor.
1. Soak both feet in hot water, hot enough so you can keep your feet in for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this at least twice a day. This initial step is necessary as regular baths soften the nails, and prevent any infections.
2. Before you soak your feet in water, make sure your nail tools are within reach. You need nail clippers, tweezers, scissors, cotton, or anything else you may find useful.
3. After immersing your feet in hot water, pat them dry with a clean towel. Cut your nails straight. By cutting them round you are more likely to get an ingrown nail.
4. Lift up the ingrown nail using a sterile needle and carefully put a small cotton piece under it. Remember, you should be patient and careful, never push too hard. Cotton is used to prevent any irritation and infection. After you have done this, wrap your toe with a gauze.
5. If you already have an infection, this part of your foot may turn into an intense red or dark blue. In that case, you may wish to consult with a healthcare practitioner about your options to treat naturally.
6. Your feet should breathe. Do not wear socks or shoes at home.
7. Check your nail several times a day, and change the cotton at least once a day. By taking care of your hygiene in this way you can say goodbye to your ingrown nail in two weeks, once the new nail grows.
Extra tip: To prevent inflammation put a lemon slice on the nail and wrap it with a gauze. Leave it overnight. Lemons contain acid that prevents and fights infections.
Source (re-posted with permission): www.healthyfoodteam.com
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528