Packed with nutritional powerhouses such as sweet potato, spinach, garlic, carrots, and tomatoes, this soup truly flushes the fat away.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of Kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed (optional, black beans)
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added), *this is an optional ingredient
- 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, optional, for serving (1/2 teaspoon per serving)
- Add all ingredients, except spinach and olive oil, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy! (1 Serving Per Night if doing the 3 Day Cleanse & Detox)
- Tip: If you prefer a thicker soup, after 5 hours of cooking, simply remove 1 cup of soup, along with ingredients, mash ingredients with a fork, return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1 to 3 hours. When serving, drizzle a little (optional) olive oil over each bowl of soup.
- Note: Olive oil helps the body absorb nutrients more efficiently and supports a healthy digestive system.
- Stovetop Method: Follow the same instructions above for prep, cover, and simmer until veggies are tender, approximately 2 hour. Stir every 15 minutes to prevent sticking. Add spinach at the end of cooking time, remove from heat, cover and allow spinach to wilt before serving.
Nutritional Info :
- nutrition data, not including olive oil or diced tomatoes Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup | Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Carbohydrates: 41 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- *nutrition data includes optional diced tomatoes Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1-1/4 cup | Calories: 237 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 5 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 12 g
- *nutrition data includes optional 1/2 teaspoon olive oil per serving and diced tomatoes Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1-1/4 cup | Calories: 253 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 6 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 12 g
Adapted from skinnyms
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528