Need a sweet treat that doesn’t require heat? Try our No–Bake Chocolate Oat Bars! This simple delight whips up quickly and mixes crunch with chocolate taste.
I find it hard to want to get in the kitchen during the middle of the summer in Arizona. I mean, who can blame me when temps are at 115?! This place is HOT, but that doesn’t mean our desire for treats is gone. Instead, we try to make as many quick and no bake treats as possible. We recently tried some No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars that the entire family loved, and I wanted to share the recipe with y’all today.
These Oat bars were like a more chocolate-y and delicious granola bar, which means they were loved by all. Layers of oat and chocolate all topped off with a drizzle of even more chocolate made up this yummy treat. The best part? NO BAKING involved!! Not only are these perfect for summer time, but they’re great all year long and can give you the feel of a delicious baked chocolate and oat treat without actually having to bake them!
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
HOW TO MAKE:
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over low-heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on high in the microwave, in increments of 40 seconds, stirring in between each increment, until melted and fully combined.
- Pour ⅘ of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats, reserving about ¼ cup for drizzling. Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233.2, Total Fat: 17.3 g, Cholesterol: 20.6 mg, Sodium: 86.2 mg, Total Carbs: 17.8 g, Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g, Protein: 4.2 g, Sugars 3.7 g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528