I don’t know if you’ve had Cowboy Cookies, but they are chock full of goodies! Made with butter, flour and oats, they also contain nuts, chocolate chips and coconut for a real delicious treat. Some people make them a smaller size, like the picture above, where I measured the dough with a tablespoon. But very often I’ve seen them as a large cookie, where a 1/4 cup is used to measure the dough.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In a very large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars, and combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies from rack to cool.
- YIELD3 to 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- TIME35 minutes
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528