yield: 6 SLICES
- 1 medium ear of fresh raw corn
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I use Land O’Lakes)
- 1 cup thin sliced zucchini
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- ¾ teaspoon salt (plus a sprinkle more for the corn & zucchini)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (plus a sprinkle more for the corn & zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350. Shuck the corn and remove any remaining strings. Use a large sharp knife to cut off the kernels as close to the cob as you can get (I ended up with about 1 cup of kernels).
- Melt the butter in an 8”-10” oven-safe nonstick deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add the corn kernels and the sliced zucchini and stir to coat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring regularly, for 6-8 minutes or until corn and zucchini are cooked through.
- While the corn and zucchini are cooking, break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until just combined. Add the yogurt, salt, black pepper, chives, basil and shredded cheese and stir together until mixed.
- When the corn and zucchini are cooked, transfer them into the bowl containing the egg mixture and stir together. Spray the skillet you used liberally with cooking spray and then pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook on a burner set to medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the very outside edge of the frittata starts to turn opaque/look cooked. Transfer the skillet into the oven and cook for 15-17 minutes until the center is set. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice into 6 slices and serve.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS:
2 per slice (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a serving was 5 SPs on the previous program
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
4 per slice (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SLICE:
167 calories, 5 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 11 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 13 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528