When I was a kid, this was always my Dad’s favorite pie. I never have learned how to make pie. I think it’s time to learn, what do you think?
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar-Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Half and Half-Divided
- Yellow Food Coloring-Optional
- 1 1/2 Cup Sweetened Flake Coconut
- 2 Bananas , Firm But Ripe, Peeled and Cut Into 1/2 Thick Slices
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Flake Coconut , Toasted and Cooled
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray & set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add coconut and continue to cook over medium heat until coconut just turns golden brown. Press the coconut into prepared pie plate. Chill 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt and flour. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of half and half.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining half & half and 1/2 cup sugar and bring just to a boil medium heat. Slowly stir in the egg mixture and continue to cook, stirring constantly until thick & bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring (if using), 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of coconut, stirring until evenly combined. Pour into a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap (Plastic should be directly on the surface of the warm custard). Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until peaks are just stiff.
- Layer sliced bananas in cooled crust. Pour chilled filling over bananas. Spread whipped cream over the top and shape into a decorative mound. Sprinkle The top evenly with 1/2 cup toasted coconut and serve immediately
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING… >
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528