This creamy Italian specialty will easily become a family favorite.
- 12 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, use whole-wheat egg noodles
- 1 spray(s)cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp fat-free margarine, divided
- 3 Tbsp vinegar, tarragon-flavored
- 1 pound(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 4tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 3 cup(s) cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions with added salt; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 9 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine and vinegar together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Whisk broth, milk and arrowroot together in a medium-size saucepan until smooth.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of margarine; set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened and boiling, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Combine cooked noodles, chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots, and sauce together in a large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with grated topping.
- Bake until bubbling and hot, and top is starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
WW SmartPts 6
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528