- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-3/4 pounds (about 4 cups) cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) Velveeta process cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley until tender, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Test Kitchen Tips
- Save on prep time by using frozen cubed hash brown potatoes in place of fresh.
- To prevent soup from curdling, remove from the heat before adding sour cream.
- Go all out! Serve in bread bowls with condiment skewers: Try cocktail onions and mini pickles.
1 cup: 450 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
WW SP (per serving) = 17
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528