I normally only *tolerate* salad, but this BLT with Avocado Salad from her first book is AMAZING and I’ve had it like 5 times this last week!
yield: 8 (1 CUP) SERVINGS
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 6 oz of avocado, mashed (for me 6 ounces was the weight of one avocado after removing the skin and pit)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s)
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (I sliced mine into quarters)
- 2 cups shredded or thinly sliced romaine or green leaf lettuce
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse the pasta in a colander under cold water until the pasta is cooled and drain. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the bacon according to package directions and drain and cool on paper towels. Slice or crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado and the lemon juice and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and garlic powder and stir until well combined and creamy. Add this avocado dressing to the pasta in your large mixing bowl and then stir until the pasta is coated.
- Add the crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce to the coated pasta and toss to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 generous cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 197 calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 10g
adapted from: emilybites
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …