But those days are over. We learned this amazing new trick for cooking steaks from frozen in no time flat. No matter how long you’ve been cooking steaks, you are going to be blown away by this incredible cooking hack.
If you find yourself in the mood for steak, but all your steaks are frozen, here is a simple trick that will allow you to cook it in a fraction of the time. Defrosting steaks takes a long time, so try our method for cooking the steak from frozen.
First, preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, place a thin layer of oil in a pan and put the pan on your stovetop. Set your stove to medium heat. Let the pan heat up for two to three minutes. In the meantime, rub your frozen steak with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
Place the steak in the hot pan and cook for about three minutes. Then flip the steak over and cook for an additional three minutes. Remove the steak from the plate and place it on an oven safe dish. Put the dish in the oven and cook the steak for twenty minutes.
When you remove the steak from the oven, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it sit for ten minutes. This will help the steak retain its juices and flavor. Then remove it from the foil. It is ready to be served.
But wait! You can’t have a delicious steak dinner without a steakhouse side dish. Here is one of our favorite recipes for Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes, from TasteOfHome.com.
- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 to 75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Do you have a trick for cooking steaks from frozen? Have you tried this trick at home for yourself? How about a favorite steakhouse side dish? Are you a potatoes, mac and cheese, or roasted veggies kind of person? Share your stories, thoughts, opinions, and recipes with us here in the comments section below.