While most people are unaware of the health benefits pickle juice is packed with, this liquid is an amazing source of nutrients, antioxidants, and electrolytes.
So, the next time you shop for pickles, remember that it`s more about the juice than the pickles themselves. Understanding the health benefits of pickle juice will help you boost your immunity and help boost your body`s natural ability to repair and rehabilitate itself.
Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice
1. It’s Better Than Any Sports Drinks
As it was long believed that drinking pickle juice helps restore electrolytes in professional athletes due to its sodium content, there are now studies to confirm this. Namely, pickle juice is even used in emergency rooms to help people in cardiac difficult.
Amazingly, this juice alleviates cramps and restores balance within 85 seconds. These benefits are not fully attributed to its sodium content, but to its ability to deliver it faster due to the fact that sodium is in vinegar and calcium chloride.
2. It Can Prevent or Treat Muscle Cramps
As discussed above, vinegar and calcium chloride in pickle juice help deliver sodium and potassium faster, which makes it more readily absorbed by the system. Many athletes drink pickle juice prior and after physical activity in order to prevent or treat muscle cramps.
3. It Can Relieve RLS
RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome, is a common disorder of the nervous system which causes an uncontrollable urge to move the legs. While it hasn’t been officially studied, many people have reported that drinking a few ounces of pickle juice at bedtime calms their leg movements.
4. It Soothes Upset Stomach
While this one seems quite unusual, many people claim that drinking pickle juice helps soothe an upset stomach and alleviate symptoms like heartburn. Another option is to have vinegar and honey, but pickle juice is more appetizing and brings a fast relief.
5. To Prevent Hangovers and Cover Alcohol Odor
Due to its ability to restore electrolytes, pickle juice work as an amazing way to prevent or recover from a hangover. Interestingly, it also helps cover the odor of alcohol on the breath.
6. Pickle Juice Delivers Antioxidants and Nutrients Too
Due to its acidic content, pickle juice helps deliver antioxidants and nutrients faster, which makes them more readily absorbed in the body. Being packed with vitamin C, calcium, and electrolytes, yet low in calories, it also helps boost overall health and manage weight.
Recommended Ways to Drink Pickle Juice
Apart from drinking it straight from the jar, there are other ways to add pickle juice to your daily diet. Below you have a few tips on how to consume this drink and reap its benefits without the sour taste:
- Use it as salad dressing, as its salt taste and the vinegar content go well with salads
- Add it to marinades or use it as marinade on its own for fish, meat, and poultry
- Add it to salads, tuna salads, egg salads, and other dishes where you typically add a few slices of pickles
- Add a few tablespoons to yogurt in order to boost its effects and mask the taste of the juice itself
- Add it to a recovery shake or a mix a few ounces into water to make a simple, workout recovery drink
Are There Any Side Effects of Drinking Pickle Juice?
Consult your doctor prior incorporating pickle juice in your diet, just like you would do with any other change to your diet. While pickle juice isn’t associated with any side effects, it is likely to worsen certain conditions. Among them are:
- If you have gout or a family history of gout
- If you are on a low sodium diet
- Consult your pharmacist in case you take any medications as the acidity of pickle juice may interfere with their effects
Other Uses for Pickle Juice
1. Soothe Itchy Skin
Soak a cotton ball in pickle juice and apply onto the affected area, like from bug bites.
2. Nourish your Plants
Since potted plants like acidic soil, adding pickle juice to the soil is a good way to alter its alkaline pH level. Mix two tablespoons of pickle juice with two cups of water and apply to the soil using a spray bottle.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528