- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed & cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooked egg noodles, whole wheat pasta or rice, for serving
- chopped Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce in the bowl of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper; whisk into the hot meat mixture and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve over pasta or rice and garnish with parsley, if using.
- To prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, be sure to use GF beef broth and soy sauce, and serve over GF pasta or rice.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (meat only- count pasta or rice separately) Serving size: 1/6th of the recipe Calories 246, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 3g, Fiber 1g, Protein 26g, Cholesterol 78mg, Carbohydrates 1g
- Weight Watchers POINTS (count pasta or rice separately): Freestyle SmartPoints: 9, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 5
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Open Next Page To See More