Many people simply cannot start running regularly, as they find it dull, hard, or dreadful. Others suffer from joint pain, injuries, bad knees or sore feet.
However, if you are one of these, we have good news: there is a 10-minutes exercise which will help you burn even more calories, in no time! And all you need for it is a jump rope! This exercise offers numerous benefits, such as:
- A whole body exercise
This exercise won’t tone your leg muscles only, but it will also work on your abs, legs, arms, back, and shoulders.
- It Burns Calories
It has been scientifically shown that 10 minutes of jumping a rope equals half an hour jogging when it comes to burning calories and cardiovascular improvement.
- It Improves Coordination
If you have tried it when you were little, you know that skipping the rope is not an easy thing. Yet, it improves your reflexes, balance, and coordination.
- It’s Versatile
You can literally do this exercise everywhere you want, at home, in the gym, in the garden, on the beach. Additional tips:
- You will need a proper rope, with adequate length, material, and handle, which can be bought from sporting goods stores.
- You need shoes with no padding or try jumping barefoot.
- Keep the head and the entire body straight, looking ahead, with the knees bent a bit, and the elbows near the body.
- Spin the rope with the wrists instead of the arms.
- Grip the jump rope handles with the fingers instead of your palms.
- The heels should not touch the ground while skipping and use the front of your feet to propel you and to land. You do not need to jump high, only enough to skip the rope.
- As soon as you master it, you can challenge yourself and try crossover, single leg hop, and double turn.
Watch the following video for a 10-minute fat burning rope skipping exercise!
Source: www.davidwolfe.com Other included sources linked in David Wolfe’s article: Bright Side Jump Rope Healthy Living Men’s Fitness Bodybuilding Featured image source: www.davidwolfe.com
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes01.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528